Background

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Shooting Stars and Mountain Sheep

Another Denver story!! I went on a little hike one day and stopped at this Nature Center in the middle of no where. I ran in to the restroom and there were calenders all over the place talking about this Perseid Meteor shower. I've never even seen a shooting star so I figured when I was in a city that I could get far enough away to actually see a meteor shower -- I totally had to go.


So somehow I convinced Andrew to drive me out to the damn mountains at 11 at night. I was so super excited, especially since right when I jumped in his car I saw my very first shooting star -- and we were still in the middle of the city! a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!


So thirty minutes later we end up at Red Rocks. There was a concert going on and we were trying to get away from the lights....so we drove up a little bit higher and then hiked for a bit. We ended up sitting in the middle of a trail on a little cliff which is totally as bizarre as it sounds. Andrew was making me feel oh so comfortable by telling me "we really need to watch out for wild animals up here" . Needless to say...everytime the damn wind moved a leaf I whipped my head around looking for the mountain sheep that would end our lives.


The meteor shower was a bit disappointing though. I saw tons of shooting starts...but no

"shower".


We jumped in the car and started to leave. On our way down we found a road that was super dark and I saw whatever a big shooting star is called (comet? I don't know...), screamed for Andrew to stop and got out. We ended up laying on the top of Andrew's car and I thought this picture of his feet hanging through his sun roof was so funny. Not sure why....but it looks a bit morbid, no?


Anyway...fun night in Denver.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment