Background

Sunday, August 7, 2011

A life filled with chalkboards


After I finished my cabinets and BEFORE I started on the quilt in question, I decided I had to do something about my refrigerator. It was that ugly almond color and so boring it made me want to down a bottle of wine and pass out (sorry Mom) just so I didn't have to look at it. So my solution to everything? CHALKBOARD PAINT. Sort of. I have this thing with chalkboard paint and chalkboards in general. They're the sh!t. It can be really clean but messy all at the same time. BRILLIANT. And now you can buy paint so anything (yes, anything at all) can be a chalkboard? GENIUS. I could have a chalkboard stapler or a Chalkboard iphone cover (ooo...I should market that one). I initially wanted to have a whole wall in my apartment be painted with chalkboard paint. I figured, what better way to entertain people when they are drunk and at my house? Major flaws in that plan were A. while my landlord is chill, he might not be totally cool with my sanding the texture off the wall and B. people really don't come over to my house (sad face). I still plan on doing this in a future home of my sometime. Maybe it's not until I have kids (......) but it's going to happen so prepare yourselves.

So I get to thinking. How can I do chalkboard paint without painting my refrigerator? I mean, lets be real...my landlord would really be pissed. Solution? Chalkboard contact paper. Didn't even know it existed but I'm going to say it improved my quality of life by about 3% which in the grand scheme of things is pretty significant. So I got to covering. It took all of 20 minutes and I lovesss it. Everyone else might think it's cooky, but I don't care. Maybe this is why people don't come over...?

No comments:

Post a Comment