Background

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Carni-Folk

I. love. the. circus. Colors, elephants, jumping, COTTON CANDY. I mean...what isn't to love.

[I feel it necessary to insert here that there is a part of me that hates the circus because of the poor little animals. I mean, no, lets be real...Edgar the Elephant does not want to stand on a podium the size of a pringle can and Ted the Tiger does not want to leap across benches like Liesel and Rolph from the Sound of Music. And lets be real, in order to get them to actually do those ridiculous things, not happy things happen. It actually is really uncool but another part of me wants to be a kid and pretend like that bad stuff doesn't happen. And you know what? I played the kid angle this year okay? Damnit, I deserve a little childhood experience.]

Back to the happy times.I thought it was going to be all kinds of ridiculous and atleast admitted the possibility of it being anti-climactic. Just in case, we decided to bring some party favors to make the experience a little more entertaining. A few bottles of champagne and whatnot later and we were giggling and running to our seats. These people, "Carni-Folk" as my friend and I called them...are crazy. CRAZY I tell you. It's like they have no bones. The tight rope walkers?? The trapeze artists?? $15.00 worth of cotton candy later and I was more hyper than I was when I was 8 years old, had a coke, 4 Fruit Rollups and a gallon of Kool-aid. I mean, it's so way fun. You better believe next year Graham and Jack are coming with.

[Side note: People who abuse animals are poopers.]


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got all of your qualifiers in there.....Did you have fun at the circus? Sounds like!

    ReplyDelete