Background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The definition of overdoing it

I come from a pretty pastey family. I’m just going to refer back to Anne’s post a while back. Now…while we can all look like we were extras on the Twilight set, our mom actually has a lot of olive in her skin. THANKFULLY I inherited a combination of my white ass father and my Italian looking mother. I can actually get pretty tan. I look like a used hand bag when I get that tan, but atleast I’m capable of it. Poor Anne can’t get a tan to save her life. She’s either white or red. Period. (No offense Roonie) All of the rest of us are atleast capable of getting a little bit of color. For the past two summers I have decided I would rather be pasty than look like I’m 40 when I’m 30. I really haven’t been out in the sun very much and I’ve gotten several comments in the past few weeks on my “see through skin”. Ugh. Okay. Maybe just a little tan. I’ll just get a little color so the circles under my eyes won’t show so much (thanks for that too Mom and Dad) and I look like I’m living in the same season as everyone else.

So I’m sitting at the pool with my friends they were like, “you’re really white…shouldn’t you really load up on the sun tan lotion?” and I say, “Nah, I put on some oil that has 8 in it…I’ll be good. I can actually get a really good tan”.


Fail.

1 comment:

  1. That picture looks just like me! Sorry though, I know that hurts. Although, it probably turns into a tan on you in a couple of days. For me, it would turn into a peeling mess after about a week of torture. Poor me ;)

    ReplyDelete