Background

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tastes like the Fourth of July!!

Man oh man I love that scene. Stuffing a hot dog in her face....

Anywho. So the fourth of July was spent with Anne, Mark and her amigos. I was....not at my finest that morning after a night out with Miss Martha but, as anyone who knows me, am always willing to attempt to rally.

And I did.

I made Anne soak a watermelon in Vodka and was totally excited about it. I was really nervous about Anne not putting enough Vodka in it and then I got there, tasted it and realized she is in fact a Doak. God love her.

Mark and Anne had all kinds of goodies for everyone. Snacks, the most amazing punch ever we discovered from the Bailey's, homemade burgers (Mark...kudos....), and things that no one else would think of, like blueberry ice cubes to celebrate the fourth of July. We were joking about this on Sunday but I will repeat. My kids are definitely having their birthday parties and "holidays" at Aunt Anne's house. She is the most crafty homemaker that is not a homemaker I know. I can't wait for them to have kids (sorry for this awkward topic Anne) because they will be the best parents!!
So Anne might kill me for this but I can't resist. I'm pretty sure Mark thought he was being devilishly handsome. Something tells me Anne might argue that point. Bahaha...he's just being silly. It's a good hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment