Background

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The ridiculousness of the World Cup

So my office is like the United Nations. We have people representing the US, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Denmark, Thailand, China, and England. Needless to say, the World Cup has turned our office into a crazy place.
I also have to interject here and say I think the US is the only country in the world that doesn't understand how big of a deal the World Cup is and I feel sort of lame about that. Oh well.
Anyway. So Brazil played the Netherlands on Friday and everyone expected Brazil to win. So I come in to work and everyone is talking shit to everyone else as they have been doing for weeks so I sort of just tune it out until I hear what sounds like high heels but 10 times louder. I sort of stand up and am like, what the h is that noise? Well...turns out Winnie, one of our little German friends has decided to root for the Netherlands and represent with WOODEN CLOGS.

He was walking around in these things all damn day. I thought it was pretty funny.




1 comment: