Background

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ode to my Momma


So...as a lot of you know my mom has been watching little baby Jack during the days now that Stacy has had to go back to work.
This has been QUITE the undertaking. I wake up and Jack is there. I come home and Jack is there. This sounds like I'm going to complain but on the contrary. ITS WONDERFUL!!! Our house has bottles out...a bassinet in the living room and our kitchen table has been conveniently turned into Jack's little "changing area". ;)

The best part about having Jack here is getting to see my mom with him. Since I am the youngest, I never saw my mom with a baby. Obviously, through the years, I have seen her with babies...but never a baby that is close to us in our family. For anyone who doesn't know my mom -- I swear she's the baby whisperer. Screaming baby? Hand 'em on over and you'll see your baby giggle for the first time.

Jack is such a good baby anyway (I know Pat and Stacy are thinking, "hey...can't Jack have some credit? and yes...he most certainly can) but my mom is amazing. She anticipates his every need, keeps him entertained, talks to him, walks around with him, shows him everything there is to show a baby at 3 months old. I've heard her talking about Pinnochio and his entourage, gone through the whole cast of Sesame Street, teaches him about instruments (yup...gotta watch out for THAT one), and everything in between. She looooves working out with him. :) She puts him on his stomach so he can "do his pushups for the day" -- and I must say, although at first it looks uncomfortable, I think he likes it! Especially when she gets on the floor with him to keep him entertained. :)

I had a really happy childhood. We never went without anything we needed. We all had such a great time! And it's totally because of my mom. I'm so glad that Jack gets to spend this time with her Grandma. She loves it and it's obvious he loves it. I hope my mom is still willing to do this in 20 years when I have my first....


1 comment: